Ardglass Golf Club From Castle to Clubhouse An Historical Account

Categories: , ,

Description

An historical booklet on Ardglass Golf Club broken into two parts (1) the Castle tracing it to the Normans, Vikings  and down through the centuries and (2) the Golf Club. It details the four cannons that adorn the outside of the clubhouse and attributes their presence to piracy which was very prevalent between 1730 to 1830 or the need for additional defenses to fight off the possibility of a French invasion.

Additional information

Author(s)

Albert W.K. and Ray, Colmer, Ivor D.

Dustwrapper

Irish Interest

Pages

Year of Publication