While deciding on suitable leisure attractions for the Monkstown area the idea of a golf club was hatched and Peter O’Hare from Skerries but acting as professional for Greenore prepared the initial nine hole layout with the assistance of J. Brown the Little Island professional. The course and clubhouse originally consisted of the grounds of Monsktown castle and the castle itself, it remained this way until 1968 when the golf club was moved to new lands and with it an eighteen hole course was developed by Tom Carey. The great Jimmy Bruen played much of his golf at Monkstown who also counted Thomas Egan the 1951 Irish Close Champion as a “Monkstonian”.
There are no reviews yet.